Witthoft Engineering (WE) is seeking talented and passionate electrical engineering graduates, who are interested in forging a satisfying and successful engineering career. If you are ready to gain hands-on engineering experience and step into your future of engineering - you are at the right place. Witthoft Engineering has supported multiple graduate engineers transitioning into senior roles and attaining chartered status.
WE have a strong focus on developing and empowering our graduate engineers into capable and confident industry leaders. Witthoft Engineering graduate engineers are fully immersed in the engineering process, with opportunities to see projects through from costing to completion. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to learn from our existing processes whilst offering your own contributions and ideas.
WE follow our designs from preliminary design through to installation and commissioning. This provides our engineers with exposure to the entire project lifecycle and valuable lessons learned with design feedback to take forward to the next project.
Our highly experienced staff and diverse projects will provide the environment and support you require to learn and grow as an engineer. Opportunities will be varied and plenty, but may include undertaking the following:
- Electrical design, from electrical distribution, switchboard design, to control and instrumentation circuits, and equipment selection;
- Power System Analysis studies (LV & HV) inclusive of
- Protection studies and protection scheme design
- load flow and short circuit analysis
- Arc flash analysis and mitigation studies
- Harmonics analysis;
- Problem solving and solution development: solve complex problems with engineered solutions;
- Hands-on site experience inclusive of audits and inspections, condition assessments, testing and commissioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or close to finishing your degree);
- Eligibility for Membership to Engineers Australia;
- Enthusiasm for engineering and technology; with strong communication skills;
- Computer literacy in at least Microsoft Operating Systems and Office;
- Be able to pass a medical and criminal history check;
- Full Australian working rights and no visa restrictions.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviours):
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- An enthusiasm to learn and embrace a rare opportunity to gain a rounded experience in a technical career pathway, under the close supervision and mentoring of senior staff.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within the team and the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines, and maintain a high quality of work.
- Personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organisation.
- Effective time management, and the ability to plan and manage assigned design tasks and take accountability for delivering outcomes.
- Fantastic team culture;
- Flexible and supportive workplace arrangements;
- Career development and training opportunities;
- Experienced team members to offer on-the-job mentoring and support.
- Flex time system for overtime worked.
To be considered for this position, please submit a current resume and cover letter to:
Please address the Mandatory Requirements above, along with the following:
- Something engineering related you’re proud of, might be a program or project you’ve undertaken, or something you’ve made;
- Any specific electrical, drafting or engineering experience;
- What you would bring to the role that others may not.