Electrical and Control System Engineer
Witthoft Engineering (WE) is seeking talented and passionate electrical and control systems engineering graduates, who are interested in forging a satisfying and successful engineering career.
If you are ready to gain hands-on engineering experience and step into your future of engineering- you are at the right place. Witthoft Engineering has supported multiple graduate engineers transitioning into senior roles and attaining chartered status.
WE have a strong focus on developing and empowering our graduate engineers into capable and confident industry leaders. Many graduate engineering roles will have you undertaking endless filing, QA, or minute taking. Witthoft Engineering graduate engineers are fully immersed in the engineering process, with opportunities to see projects through from costing to completion. Your input will be valued. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to learn from our existing processes whilst offering your own contributions and ideas.
Our highly experienced staff and diverse projects will provide the support and environment you need to learn and grow as an engineer. Opportunities will be many and varied, but can include undertaking (not just watching):
- Electrical design, from high power switchboard and protection design, to control and instrumentation circuits, and equipment selection;
- Problem solving and solution development: solve complex problems with engineered solutions;
- Control System software design and programming: learn how real-world machines and processes work; see your code operating physical equipment;
- UI design and implementation: Learn and apply UI/UX design principles to SCADA and HMI development to improve operator and process efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or close to finishing your degree);
- Eligibility for Membership to Engineers Australia;
- Enthusiasm for engineering and technology; with strong communication skills;
- Computer literacy in at least Microsoft Operating Systems and Office;
- Be able to pass a medical and criminal history check;
- Full Australian working rights and no visa restrictions.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Great communication skills, friendly personality, professional presentation, and willingness to assist other team members as required;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve as issues arise.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviours):
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups.
- Strong mathematical and technical skills.
- An enthusiasm to learn and embrace a rare opportunity to gain a rounded experience in a technical career pathway, under the close supervision and mentoring of senior staff.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within the team and the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines, and maintain a high quality of work.
- Personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organisation.
- Effective time management, and the ability to plan and manage assigned design tasks and take accountability for delivering outcomes.
- Fantastic team culture;
- Flexible and supportive workplace arrangements;
- Career development and training opportunities;
- Experienced team members to offer on-the-job mentoring and support.
To be considered for this position, please submit a current resume and cover letter to:
Please address the Mandatory Requirements above, along with the following:
- Something engineering related you’re proud of, might be a program or project you’ve undertaken, or something you’ve made;
- A programming language you’ve worked with, and, if you’ve used more than one, why it was a good or bad choice;
- Any specific electrical, drafting, PLC, SCADA or RTU experience;
- What you would bring to the role that others may not.