Graduate Civil Engineer
Graduate Civil Engineer responsible for the preparation of detailed design and project deliverables for civil infrastructure, specifically in the water and wastewater industry, including:
- Preparing engineering design deliverables including calculations, CAD drawings, and specifications.
- Undertaking hydraulic modelling of water/sewer conveyance systems.
- Producing 2D & 3D CAD design drawings.
- Conducting routine site inspections/audits as the 'eyes and ears' of the senior engineers, including preparing inspection/audit documentation and status reports.
- Preparing project and contract documentation, including bills of quantities and project schedules.
- Contributing to preparation of proposals to provide professional services to clients.
- Shadowing Senior Engineers and assisting in the management of projects and sub-consultants’ services.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
- Construction Induction (White Card).
- Current Driver’s License.
- 0-2+ years post graduate.
- Under-graduate or post-graduate experience in urban & civil engineering including but not limited to:
- Urban development (sub-divisions)
- Roads and bulk earthworks
- Stormwater / drainage
- Water and sewer reticulation
- Structural engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D design packages.
- Working knowledge of GIS packages.
- Knowledge of relevant local design codes & standards (SEQCode, WSAA, Australia Standards) viewed favourably.
- Advanced level experience with MS Word, MS Excel and related programs.
- Competency in data analysis and manipulation.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviours):
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups.
- Strong mathematical and technical skills.
- An enthusiasm to learn and embrace a rare opportunity to gain a rounded experience in a technical career pathway, under the close supervision and mentoring of senior staff.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within the team and the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines, and maintain a high quality of work.
- Personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organisation.
- Effective time management, and the ability to plan and manage assigned design tasks and take accountability for delivering outcomes.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Assisting Senior/ Principal staff with various design and project related tasks
- Development of civil design deliverables & documentation for water and wastewater infrastructure including:
- Engineering calculations
- Pipeline design and trenchless technologies
- Hydraulic/surge modelling
- Detailed design drawings (AutoCAD)
- Technical specifications & reports
- Scopes of work
- Coordinating design outputs with drafting services
- Liaison with clients and other stakeholders.
- Organise design inputs from various sub-contractors.
- Preparation and management of design schedule & cost control for design packages.
- Contribution to tender submissions.
- Site inspections and audits and works supervision.
- Manage sub-contractors onsite: survey, geotech, Service location, investigations etc.
- NOTE – Site works could be local and interstate.
- Competitive renumeration.
- Accelerated career and technical development.
- Opportunity to solidify your position as an active and valued member within a growing civil design team, in a boutique water engineering business.
- Rare opportunity to have close mentorship and direct access to very experienced water industry professionals.
- Exposure to a variety of work and tasks, including site-based roles.
- Opportunities for professional development in both technical and project management.
- As you gain experience and seniority, you will handle more advanced design or analysis work, management of more complex projects, client relationships, and internal technical resources.
Apply for this position by sending an email with a Cover Letter and Resume to the following address: