Civil Engineer responsible for the preparation of detailed design of civil infrastructure for the water and wastewater industry, including:
- Engineering design including calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Review and approval of scopes, budgets, and schedules for projects.
- Contribution to preparation of proposals to provide professional services to clients.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
- Construction Induction (White Card).
- Current Driver’s License.
- 4+ years proven.
- Water and Sewerage engineering experience.
- Pump station design
- Pipeline design
- Hydraulics/modelling experience
- Design management
- Planning and Feasibility studies
- Knowledge of relevant local design codes & standards (SEQCode, WSAA, Australia Standards)
- Advanced level experience with MS Word, MS Excel and related programs.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Civils3D, 12D or Navisworks desirable.
- Experience in Hydraulic modelling - Water and Sewage reticulation, bulk-water / Surge.
- Relevant experience in the detailed design of civil infrastructure in the Water and Wastewater industry.
- Site Experience desirable.
- Confined spaces/ working from heights training desirable.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, and behaviours):
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within the team and the organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines, and maintain a high quality of work.
- Personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organisation.
- Effective time management, and the ability to plan and manage assigned design tasks and take accountability for delivering outcomes.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Site Investigations.
- Development of civil design deliverables & documentation for water and wastewater infrastructure including:
- Engineering calculations
- Hydraulic/ surge modelling
- Detailed design drawings
- Technical specifications & reports
- Scopes of work
- Coordinating design outputs with drafting services
- Liaison with clients and other stakeholders.
- Organise design inputs from various sub-contractors.
- Preparation and management of design schedule & cost control for design packages.
- Contribution to tender submissions.
- Site inspections and audits and works supervision.
- NOTE – Site works could be local and interstate.
Apply for this position by sending an email with a Cover Letter and Resume to the following address: